Regular travel routes and transport links can also be disrupted by flooding. When flooding is forecast, plan your travel in advance to ensure that you have a safe journey.
If you need to travel during bad weather:
- Only drive through water if you know for sure that it’s not too deep, generally this would be no more than halfway up your wheels.
- Drive slowly and steadily and test your brakes as soon as you can after leaving the water.
- Never drive through fast-moving water, for example at a flooded bridge, your car could easily be swept away.
- Stay back from piers and coastal roads when high tides and strong winds are predicted.
- Avoid making unnecessary journeys when transport links are affected by flooding.
For driving advice, the AA can help you stay safe when driving in wet weather.
- 06:00 Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh due 07:01
- 07:18 Edinburgh to Cowdenbeath due 08:00
- 09:04 Cowdenbeath to Edinburgh due 09:46
- 09:53 Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton due 10:53
- 11:03 Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh due 12:04
- 12:48 Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton due 13:48
- 14:00 Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh due 15:03
- 16:18 Edinburgh to Cowdenbeath due 17:01
- 17:54 Cowdenbeath to Edinburgh due 18:46
- 18:54 Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton due 19:54