Regular travel routes and transport links can also be disrupted by flooding. When flooding is forecast, plan your travel in advance to ensure that you have a safe journey.
If you need to travel during bad weather:
1. Only drive through water if you know for sure that it’s not too deep, generally this would be no more than halfway up your wheels.
2. Drive slowly and steadily and test your brakes as soon as you can after leaving the water.
3. Never drive through fast-moving water, for example at a flooded bridge, your car could easily be swept away.
4. Stay back from piers and coastal roads when high tides and strong winds are predicted.
5. Avoid making unnecessary journeys when transport links are affected by flooding.
To plan your travel, visit Traffic Scotland, Scotrail or Traveline Scotland. They will be able to provide you with real-time information and updates.
For driving advice, the AA can help you stay safe when driving in wet weather.
Travel Scotland Latest
Sat, 4 December 06:14 Ardgay to Inverness due 07:43
Sat, 4 December 06:18 Wick to Inverness due 10:36
Sat, 4 December 06:26 Lairg to Inverness due 08:12
Sat, 4 December 07:00 Inverness to Wick due 11:31
Sat, 4 December 08:02 Wick to Inverness due 12:26
Sat, 4 December 09:47 Helmsdale to Wick due 11:31
Sat, 4 December 10:01 Dingwall to Inverness due 10:36
Sat, 4 December 10:41 Inverness to Wick due 14:56
Sat, 4 December 11:53 Dingwall to Inverness due 12:26
Sat, 4 December 12:34 Wick to Inverness due 17:06